Foundation of Youth
The Foundation of Youth (FOY) is a volunteer advisory committee of the Salt Spring Island Foundation. FOY is accountable to the Foundation’s Board of Directors and advises and supports the Board in the area of youth grant making. In 2017, FOY will have a spring and fall granting cycle which will award $10,000 in grants.
Most FOY members attend Gulf Islands Secondary School and are responsible for recruiting and mentoring new members. Current members are Maya Neufeld-Boucher, Lizzie Woodley, Marcus Lee, Fraser Byers, Bonnie Reynolds, Lina Losier, Madeline Woodley, Jesi Pierce, Acacia Lee and Claerwen Sladen-Dew.
• To enhance the quality of life for youth on Salt Spring Island.
• To empower young people to take action on issues of concern.
• To support programs which encourage youth dignity, inclusiveness, fairness and equality.
• To promote a youth voice in the community.
• To increase opportunities for youth participation in the community.
For more information about FOY, please visit www.ssi-foy.org.